building a project with new-* commands

lennart spitzner lsp at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Sep 16 12:23:17 UTC 2016

The build artefacts of new-* are placed in a "dist-newstyle" directory.

Another common mistake with 1.24.0.0 is that `cabal new-build` won't
do much at all if run in some parent directory. You might need to
`cabal new-build ./my-blog/` and then get the artefacts somewhere
(burried) in ./my-blog/dist-newstyle/...

(I believe there is some improvement regarding behaviour in the parent
directory in master already; certainly was planned.)

Hope that helps.

-- lennart