Global Constraints for Cabal and also Release Plan?

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 21:42:36 UTC 2015

On September 24, 2015 at 12:16:29 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov (the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com) wrote:
> On 24 September 2015 at 17:56, Gershom B wrote:
> > Consider for example if we have a configure build-type, that runs an autoconf script.
> It is not enough that the executable we run be in the path, but also that the “path” available
> to the autoconf script be amended as well.
>
> Yes, 'extra-prog-path' also affects the PATH environment variable of
> the programs invoked by cabal-install:
>
> https://github.com/haskell/cabal/blob/master/Cabal/Distribution/Simple/Program/Run.hs#L177
> https://github.com/haskell/cabal/blob/master/Cabal/Distribution/Simple/Program/Db.hs#L344
> https://github.com/haskell/cabal/blob/master/Cabal/Distribution/Simple/Configure.hs#L808

Ah this looks like it only takes hold for the simple build-type and not “build-type: configure” for use with autoconf. (i.e. the “building network” case). I don’t quite see what’s going on in terms of how anything is implemented yet, but I would take it there would be no objections to extending this to handle the “build-type: configure” case? And of course I’d welcome any pointers as to what needs to be changed to make that work..

-gershom