Global Constraints for Cabal and also Release Plan?

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:56:27 UTC 2015

On September 24, 2015 at 11:52:51 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov (the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com) wrote:
> On 24 September 2015 at 17:06, Gershom B wrote:
> > So, I want MSys2 tools in my path but _only_ when I am building cabal packages, and not
> otherwise.
>
> IIUC, 'extra-prog-path' in '~/.cabal/config' already does what you
> want. It looks like it also supports multiple directories, using comma
> as separator.

Hmm… we should investigate if that is sufficient, or if it can be changed to do so.

Consider for example if we have a configure build-type, that runs an autoconf script. It is not enough that the executable we run be in the path, but also that the “path” available to the autoconf script be amended as well.

So if this only changes where _cabal_ searches for executables, but does not affect the path made available to them, I think this will be insufficient?

The potential overlap is certainly worth investigating, though.

-g