Issue #2810: Search upwards for package directory

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sat Sep 5 07:48:26 UTC 2015

On 09/04/2015 08:23 PM, Bardur Arantsson wrote:
> Hey all,

[--snip--]

And interesting issue came up during discussion that I'd like to bring
up here too, just in case people have muted their github mail[1], namely
the handling of CWD -- it's fixable, but the simplest and most robust
fix I can think of is going towards a git-like model of subcommand
handling; see

   https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2349#issuecomment-137925036

(I just wanted to bring to the attention of people on the list who may
not be following along.)

Cheers,

[1] I think I've now grown a certain sympathy for people who say that
GitHub's issue tracker is truly awful for a project of this (or any
non-trivial) size which doesn't have a full-time team following up on
issues. Anyone want to change bug trackers? ;)