Contributing to Cabal (fix to #2155)

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Tue Nov 17 16:31:58 UTC 2015

On 11/17/2015 05:05 PM, Martin Vlk wrote:
> Hi, I have a fix to https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2155
> including tests almost ready locally and I would like to look at how to
> propose a pull request on GitHub. Do I fork the cabal repo or do I have
> to get commit rights for the main repo?

You do a fork and then push a branch to your clone of the repository. If
you go to the Web UI soon afterwards you'll see a little message pop up
about creating a pull request. (You can also just go to the branch
"manually" in the Web UI and create the pull request.)

> How does a review process work?

Seems pretty ad-hoc, unfortunately. It's probably a case of people being
busy and/or not feeling that they have the necessary "authority" to
approve/reject PRs.

I think there may need to be some "reform" around this.

Regards,