Anybody using the "top-down" solver?

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Mon Nov 9 04:29:48 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just to get input from as many people as possible: I was pondering a
plan for modularizing the solver[1] and wanted to reach as many people
as possible with my question:

   Is anybody is still using the top-down solver?

Please respond to this list if you are, especially if you're doing so
because there's no other way to get the modular solver to do what you
want. (Obviously, I'm not promising to fix any problems you may have
with the modular solver, but it would be valuable information since it
could affect the decision of whether we have to keep the top-down solver
around.)

Regards,

--
[1] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/pull/2768#issuecomment-154917165