Making cabal-install SSL capable

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:43:14 UTC 2015

The “Transport” data type you suggest seems like a good refactor. I’m less certain about the use of ProgramDB — the documentation suggests it will only be populated from command line flags in the “configure” step, or from .cabal files. Since upload/download do not take place in such settings, I don’t think it will contain useful information yet. So it might be the right approach to use it, but it would also require, I suspect, modifying other parts of the cabal-install executable to populate it properly?

—Gershom