Ryan Thomas is the new release manager

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 09:17:48 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I haven't had the time recently to give cabal release process the it
deserves, so I'm happy to announce that Ryan Thomas (CCed) has agreed to
take over the release manager responsibility.

Ryan has already made a minor Cabal release, to accompany the imminent GHC
7.10 release. He will look into making a cabal-install release shortly.

P.S. Other people also expressed interest in helping out. That's great!
Cabal is definitely not suffering from having too many contributors. If a
couple of you would like to put your heads together (and, dare I say, form
a release Cabal) and improve the release process, I think that would be a
great thing.

P.S.S. I will still be around, just trying to step away from the day to day
work a little bit.

-- Johan Tibell, ex-release manager