UseSandbox

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Fri Jul 3 14:47:25 UTC 2015

On 07/03/2015 04:00 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3 July 2015 at 06:30, Bardur Arantsson <spam at scientician.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Am I missing something which necessitates using only the FilePath?
>
> Adding extra info is absolutely fine, it's just that I never needed
> it. What do you want to add?

Well, I'd like to split up the "get all the information we need" bit
from the individual commands. That would perhaps make it easier to
validate things like "does GHC_PACKAGE_PATH [or whatever] point at an
existing directory" in a consistent manner across all commands and thus
hopefully provide better feedback for broken setups/environments.

(I also tend to find it good "hygiene" to split things up this way, but
that's perhaps more a matter of taste.)

See e.g. the issue I pointed to:
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2381 (I don't think a full
solution is possible at this time due to the fact that the env variables
are only retrieved in the "exec" subcommand).

Regards,