UseSandbox

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Fri Jul 3 04:30:24 UTC 2015

Hi all,

It seems to me that UseSandbox is slightly strangely defined at the moment.

It's currently defined as

  data UseSandbox = UseSandbox FilePath | NoSandbox

but it seems to me that it would be better to define it such that
it actually contains relevant information about the sandbox
if the UseSandbox constructor case instead of just the filepath.

On the one hand this would require a separate
"read-the-sandbox-information-we-need" function somewhere before
individual commands run, but that would give us the opportunity to
actually give relevant warnings in various significant cases; see for
example

   https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2381

Am I missing something which necessitates using only the FilePath?
(Perhaps some dependence on sub-command switches, or similar?)

Any thoughts, comments...?

Regards,