Newbie: Can't understand cabal errors during install of hakyll

Peder Jakobsen pjakobsen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 02:01:03 UTC 2015

Hi Adam,

I upgraded to ghc version 7.10.2 — that seems to have fixed the problem.

> On Aug 1, 2015, at 9:34 AM, Adam Bergmark <adam at bergmark.nl> wrote:
>
> Lastly,  are you using a sandbox? It also helps with reducing problems. I never install anything in the global or user level package db, only in sandboxes

Yes, I’m using a sandbox, although made the mistake of not using --only-dependencies when I did $ cabal install hakyll, and it’s been 20+ minutes, and my CPU is still grinding away.  ;)

It’s nothing like Python pip so far, but I’m sure there are good reasons why (e.g., need to compile every dependency)

Thanks again

P.