Uninstalling packages?

Adam Bergmark adam at bergmark.nl
Sat Aug 1 13:47:37 UTC 2015

There is no uninstall command, there was at one point but it didn't do
anything ;-)

Unregistering a package does not delete any files, but it will make cabal
forget about its existence.
If you are working in a sandbox you can simply `cabal sandbox delete; cabal
sandbox init` to start from scratch, you can also deregister packages there
with `cabal sandbox hc-pkg unregister`, outside a sandbox it's `ghc-pkg
unregister`.

There are also tools on hackage that can clean up files when unregistering,
iirc cab[1] can.

HTH,
Adam

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cab