How to compile git-annex?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:02:56 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have cabal. How to install cabal? Do I also install with MacPorts?

Turns out if you do that you end up with hs-mtl and friends which will
conflict with yesod's dependencies. You'll probably have to do an install
from
https://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-install-1.22.0.0/cabal-1.22.0.0-x86_64-apple-darwin-mavericks.tar.gz
(apparently there are no binary builds for non-Mavericks, so if you need
that then you have a problem :/ )

Or you can remove the MacPorts-based ghc stuff and do an install as
recommended by https://stackage.org and make certain it can't find any
MacPorts-installed library because that will lead to libiconv conflicts.

Apparently the yesod/Stackage folks think this insanity is a good thing.