feedback for changes to the commandline documentation/help, please

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:18:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 18 November 2014 00:31, lennart spitzner <lsp at informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
> https://gist.github.com/lspitzner/36321a9f074cb9b897ac

Looks good after a cursory review.

Regarding your questions:

> does cabal freeze really overwrite any existing cabal.config?

Not sure (I don't use 'freeze' much). You can always test/look at code.

> for test/bench command: What exactly was meant by "configure with UserHooks"? did i represent that correctly in the description?

This is refers to writing custom Setup.hs scripts. Users can change
the UserHooks record they supply to Cabal.

> suggestions for sandbox init description? it might be imprecise atm.

Looks OK to me.

> is there a notable difference between cabal sandbox hc-pkg and cabal exec -- ghc-pkg?

The former uses the compiler the package was configured with, while
the latter uses the one in PATH.

> or is there a better process? should i pull-request or open a ticket?

Yes, if you think that your changes are ready to be merged, please
send a pull request.