"Showing last 10 lines of the build log"

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sat May 10 16:27:55 UTC 2014

(I'm currently using Cabal 1.18.)

Working with sandboxes and multiple cabal packages (via --add-source and
a super-package which requires all the others), I've found that the

   Showing last 10 lines of the build log

feature is less useful than one would hope for. When restructuring code
across multiple packages there's a lot of potential for huge error
messages, *and* furthermore the most interesting lines in the build log
are actually towards the *start* og the build log since that's where the
*first* error shows up -- given the nature of compilers you generally
always want to fix the first-occuring error first since that may fix
subsequent errors.

So, here's a little feature request: Couldn't we just have cabal install
spit out the full build log in case a build fails? Is there any real
disadvantage that I'm not seeing?