Windows executable for just released cabal-install- needed

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Wed May 7 07:47:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr at> wrote:

> Btw, if you want 32bit+64bit binaries for Ubuntu 12.04LTS in future, you
>  can steal them of my PPA as well:
> For instance, here's how to extract the Linux executable just by using
> 'wget', 'ar', and 'tar':
>   wget
>   ar x cabal-install-1.20_1.20.0.1-1_amd64.deb data.tar.gz
>   tar xvzf data.tar.gz ./opt/cabal/1.20/bin/cabal
> (for the 32bit binary, just replace 'amd64' by 'i386')

Good to know, thanks! At some point we should probably establish a process
for doing this, instead of me sending out random emails. We should list the
binaries we want to provide who/what system is responsible for providing