cabal doesn't explore the none manual flags very well

Andres Löh andres at
Wed Mar 12 18:35:36 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Leon Smith <leon.p.smith at> wrote:
> Here's one example,  and a comment for a possible long-term solution from
> Duncan Coutts:

Yes, thanks. This is in fact what prompted me looking at it. I think
we can probably do a bit better by default even without adding a new
kind of flags. But it'll require a (hopefully small) change to the
solver, and as it's a heuristic, there's always a risk some other
situations might get worse.

Andres Löh, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP,