Broken documentation on Hackage.

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Jan 7 04:07:11 UTC 2014

Hi Mateusz,

of course you could do the same thing with a bash script. It's a
matter of personal taste and workflow. Just for the record, you can
pass arguments into a Makefile like this: "make PACKAGE=bla". And "$$"
is indeed an escape, to denote a literal dollar sign (as opposed to a
Makefile variable).

Sorry about the bug. It should be "rm -rf".

I'm not sure about the wisdom of adding new functionality to
cabal-install just to compensate for bugs in the Hackage documentation
builder.  It seems that the packages build correctly everywhere else,
so there is no reason in principle why the Hackage documentation
builder could not be fixed to build them. I see the manual uploading
as more of a temporary workaround.

As for the bug with --contents-location and frames, it doesn't come up
in the Hackage documentation builder because it apparently disables
frames. There must be another (undocumented?) option for turning
frames off.

-- Peter