Broken documentation on Hackage.

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Jan 5 18:15:01 UTC 2014

I agree. Two of my packages are in your list: easyrender and newsynth
(both have "Nothing" for a reason in your list).

The problem for me is that, although you seem to have access to build
logs, I don't. I have not found the way to access the hackage build
logs for my packages or their documentation. Could you let me know
where I can find them?

For both packages, the documentation builds just fine on my local
machine. It also builds fine in a virtual machine, under Windows and
Ubuntu. Since I don't have access to Hackage's build logs, I cannot
really figure out why the documentation is not building there. This is
what has prevented me from fixing it.

I even created "candidates" for the packages, before uploading the
packages to the main index. Again, the documentation did not build,
and again, I could not find any logs to tell me what went wrong. So
the whole "candidate" mechanism has so far been useless to me.

You mentioned that there is a way to upload the documentation
manually. I'd love to do that. But how? I don't see any buttons or
links on the package maintainer's pages that would allow me to do
that.

Any help appreciated, -- Peter