The bootstrap.sh script has to go

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 18:17:34 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've spent more time on the bootstrap.sh script than anything else, making
it emulate cabal flag resolution for the network-uri split and make it deal
with the fact that network-uri makes Haddock choke. this release. That
feels like a somewhat wasteful activity and I'm tired of maintain a
stinking pile of shell script.

Unless someone is willing to rewrite it as a Haskell program (that could be
run using runhaskell), I vote we dump it and instead encourage users to
bootstrap using e.g. the Haskell Platform.

-- Johan