Hackage updating of distro data

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Mon Oct 14 09:22:27 UTC 2013

Hi Matt, thanks for your detailed mail.

On 14 October 2013 17:04, Matthew Gruen <wikigracenotes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Distro maintainers can upload distro information directly to Hackage
> (either manually, using a form, or programmatically using something like
> curl). It is currently not exposed or documented that well, unfortunately,
> and it needs a last 10% of work to be fully functional. If you'd like, I
> think I'd be able to do it this week.

That would be awesome.  I would be happy to act as a tester.

Unlike the previous system, using this *does* require Hackage credentials,
> and if this data comes from an automatic task, a bot account could possibly
> be used. It depends on what will work best with the current flow.

Okay.  Currently I just generate the Fedora data with a script by hand and
then pushed it to my webspace.
Being able to push it directly to Hackage will be even better. :)
(It may well make sense anyway to have separate distro accounts for this.)

Thanks, Jens