cabal install --only

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at
Fri Mar 15 17:33:20 CET 2013

Hi Duncan,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at> wrote:
> So what would a proper UI look like here? [...]

Thanks, this makes sense.

> The build
> and install commands should work in a make-like fashion in that they
> have to be able to discover/check which packages are up to date
> (including if they are configured already, and if we already had an up
> to date InstallPlan).

This would be also very useful for 'sandbox add-source', as we
currently have to reinstall all dependencies on each 'cabal build'.
See also #1177.

/\   - against proprietary attachments