Progress: GSoC - Improve the feedback of the cabal-install dependency solver

Martin Ruderer martin.ruderer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:55:21 CEST 2013

Hey all,

we are nearing the end of the "Students get to know mentors, read
documentation, get up to speed to begin working on their
projects"-Phase and I would like to tell you what I have done so far
and how you can follow my progress in the future, if you like.

I have forked cabal at https://github.com/mr-/cabal and I have set up
a little blog at http://cabal-summer.blogspot.de/ .

So far, I have written an IDE to navigate the dependency tree
interactively. However the output is not very user-friendly yet.
This I will focus on in the immediate future.

If you have any comments on what you would like to see done, or more
concretely, have suggestions for useful commands to walk the tree,
I would be very grateful.

Ciao, Martin