patch applied (hackage-server): "Have the Documentation use the TarIndexCache"

devnull at devnull at
Wed Jan 23 18:16:35 CET 2013

Wed Jan 23 17:15:07 GMT 2013  Edsko de Vries <edsko at>
  * Have the Documentation use the TarIndexCache
  Ignore-this: b58eda75c156c31b316723965eaa5412
  This means that we don't keep all the tar indices in memory but deserializable
  them on every request, thereby saving memory (and the Documentation feature is
  simpler now that the tar index caching is done in a different feature).
  I noticed however that the build client no longer works; in particular,
  uploading documentation does not work (I think the URL is wrong;
  .../package/doc rather than .../package/docs, and it tries to upload a .tar.gz
  while we expect a .tar).

    M ./Distribution/Server/Features.hs +1
    M ./Distribution/Server/Features/Documentation.hs -23 +39
    M ./Distribution/Server/Features/Documentation/State.hs -7 +7
    M ./Distribution/Server/Features/TarIndexCache.hs -1 +8