Hackage 2

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Sep 6 20:58:57 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Leon Smith <leon.p.smith at gmail.com> wrote:

> The thing is,  since we have an account approval process and that we have
> a full, public log of everything that everybody's uploaded,   people are
> going to notice when somebody uploads something they shouldn't.

No, it has already happened that people have *not* noticed when someone
else has uploaded or otherwise modified packages that they shouldn't have.
I only know about the incidents that involved me personally, but I am
certain there have been many more.

I don't have a huge investment in how this is managed, but the decision
process should not be based on wishful thinking.