Hackage 2

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Tue Sep 4 14:25:39 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 03:38:19PM +0100, Ross Paterson wrote:
> A few minor issues:

Thanks for the feedback!

> Several packages lack documentation.  They don't say why (an issue in
> itself),

I've made a ticket for this:
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1024

> but it appears to be libraries that interface to C libraries,
> and libraries included with GHC.  There's little to be done about the
> former, but it's really useful to have the documentation of the GHC
> libraries there too.

I think it is possible for uploaders to upload missing docs. I've filed
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1025 for us to document how.

> The package her-lexer-0.1 shows links to documentation, but they lead
> to an error message.

Hmm, curious. I'll take a look, and also do a linkcheck of new-hackage,
to see if any other packages are affected. I've filed
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1026 so that we don't forget
about it.

Thanks
Ian