Agreeing on a UI for sandboxes

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 18:10:30 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov
<the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK. If we decide to make sandbox-init install the dependencies, it'll
> have to accept configure flags.

That's true. However, I don't think we should install dependencies at
sandbox initialization time, but at build time and hence build will
have to take configure flags. But lets leave it alone for now and deal
with automatically installing dependencies in some future step.

>> Andres might protest that this again would imply installing stuff from
>> the Internet. Lets have it instead imply `configure && cabal build`
>> and registering in the sandbox package DB for now. We'll revisit
>> automatic installation later.
>
> This can be done, but will be a bit more involved.

What are the main difficulties compared to calling install?

-- Johan