Providing a smooth default user experience

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at
Wed Oct 31 22:52:54 CET 2012

Hi Johan,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at> wrote:
> cabal build should imply cabal install --only-dependencies

> The Nix solution is being worked on, as part of GSoC

Is it still being worked on? I thought that the development stalled
after the GSoC period ended.

> Since sandboxing is working today (with a few minor tweaks yet to be
> done) and it can be transparently replaced with a better solution once we
> have one, I think we should enable it by default in 1.18.

Will that be the next cabal-install release or the one after that?

> We should add a cabal run command

/\   - against proprietary attachments