Custom preprocessor with custom file includes

Jeroen Bransen J.Bransen at uu.nl
Thu Nov 29 17:22:14 CET 2012

Hi all,

So, any feedback for this? I still think it is a good idea to move the filetime change check for a preprocessed file from preprocessFile to mkSimplePreProcessor (both in Distribution.Simple.PreProcess). This gives preprocessors the flexibility to define their own dependency tracking, and would solve the problem with multiple input files generating a single Haskell file. The change is quite simple, I could do it, but I'd like some feedback on this.

In addition to this, we could add something like:

mkAdvancedPreProcessor :: (FilePath -> FilePath -> Verbosity -> IO (), FilePath -> Verbosity -> IO [FilePath])
                      -> (FilePath, FilePath)
                      -> (FilePath, FilePath) -> Verbosity -> IO ()

which, in addition to the simplePreProcessor, should also provide a function that returns all dependencies of a certain file. Then the file time change check can also be done for the cases where multiple files generate a single Haskell file. But that's maybe a less generic case which could be handled in the preprocessor itself.

Regards,
Jeroen Bransen

Op 5 nov 2012, om 17:14 heeft Jeroen Bransen het volgende geschreven: