Providing a smooth default user experience

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Thu Nov 29 15:45:11 CET 2012

Hi Johan,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:22:36AM -0700, Johan Tibell wrote:
> *Sandboxing should be used by default*

I'm a little bit late on this one.  But I'm somewhat skeptical here.  As
I understand it, the sandboxing feature is not yet released.  I think
there is a chance that the first version will not cover all use cases.

So personally I think it is a better approach to first release the
feature, and give people time to try whether there use case are covered.

For context: I run my test in GHCi.  Sometimes this requires some work,
but I have a working setup for all my projects.  For me (and probably
for others who are serious about TDD), the sandbox feature is only
useful if running tests within GHCi works.

Cheers,
Simon