cabal: HOME: does not exist

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Thu Mar 15 13:12:25 CET 2012

Hi Jason,

You may need to hack the code I'm afraid. It gets the home dir as part
of reading the configuration file. Look for where it uses
getAppUserDataDirectory. In particular it's used indirectly in
baseSavedConfig, though it should mostly get overridden if the config
file is found. So additionally you'd need to specify a cabal config
file on the command line to avoid it looking for ~/.cabal/config

Let us know how it goes, we can integrate changes you make.