patch: --enable-tests and --only-dependencies

Andres Löh andres at
Fri Feb 17 18:13:35 CET 2012

> What I think they want to say is
>    cabal configure-and-build-why-does-cabal-make-me-write-so-much-stuff-manually
> --enable-tests --also-pull-in-deps
> but we don't really have a way to say that.

Aha. I'm looking for something similar from time to time. I think
(despite being misnamed) something like

  cabal install --stop-after-building --enable-tests

in a development directory might be what I (and perhaps you) want. I'd also like

  cabal get/clone/whatever pkgname

that's similar to "cabal unpack" but uses the repository information
from the .cabal file to clone the development repository.

Anyway, all the patches regarding --enable-test from this thread are
now in the cabal-install repository. Testing and further feedback
welcome :)

Andres Löh, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP,