Hackage 2 maintainership

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:43:33 CET 2012

On 14 February 2012 16:10, Ben Gamari <bgamari.foss at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems the first task will be to identify exactly what needs to be
> done before we can begin the transition and record these tasks in a
> single place. I don't have a particularly strong opinion concerning
> where this should be (Trac, the Hackage wiki, the github issue tracker
> that's been mentioned), but we should consolidate everything we have in
> a single place.

Right. Then we should see what milestones we need, and assign tickets
to milestones.

As we discussed yesterday, I think it makes sense to share the same
trac for cabal and hackage due to cross-cutting issues.

BTW, I also usually try to keep cabal-devel in the loop (cc'd), so as
to let people participate or simply get visibility into what's going
on.

>> We did get another reasonable push at the time. In particular Max did
>> a lot of good work. I'm not quite sure why it petered out again, I'd
>> have to ask Max what went wrong, if it was my fault for letting things
>> block on me or if it was just holidays/christmas. Maintaining momentum
>> is hard.
>>
> This is quite true. I'll try to keep a constant push.
>
> On another note, how did your full mirroring go last night?

Interrupted by the hackage.h.o server going down :-(

I've restarted the mirroring. Currently less than 4000 packages left
to go. I'd expect a few more hours. Then I can assess how many
packages remain unmirrorable. Can also start continuous mirroring
after that.