Has anyone else had trouble with "cabal test" diverging?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:58:27 CET 2012

I've been running into this issue with cabal 0.10.2, but ONLY in
conjunction with GHC 6.12.3.  It's hard to make a small reproducer for
(and therefore I haven't filed a bug yet), but you can see the below
Jenkins run stalled for 2.5 days, whereas it should take minutes:

Note that it *doesn't* burn CPU -- it deadlocks rather than spins.

I replaced "cabal test" with a direct call to the test executable and
I haven't seen this problem since.