Adding tests for cabal-install

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at
Mon Dec 31 01:09:48 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently looking into #1159, and I'd really like to add some unit
tests for the UserConstraints parser. The problem is that I can't
access modules defined under Distribution.Client.* without doing
unnecessary recompilation. Would it be fine if I split cabal-install
into library and executable parts in the following fashion:

Library cabal-install
  Build-depends:  ...

Executable cabal-install
  Main-is: Main.hs
  Build-depends: cabal-install == N.N, ...

Test-suite unit-tests
  Build-depends: cabal-install == N.N, ...

/\   - against proprietary attachments