[Hackage] #904: Solver fails for unknown reason

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Sat Apr 7 16:45:36 CEST 2012

#904: Solver fails for unknown reason
  Reporter:  tibbe               |        Owner:  kosmikus
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed
Ghcversion:                      |     Platform:
Changes (by kosmikus):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

 Here's what I'm getting with the modular solver (I have to explicitly
 disable backtracking, otherwise it'll actually find a solution):
 $ cabal install snap-core-0.7 --max-backjumps=0 --dry-run
 Resolving dependencies...
 cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:
 next goal: snap-core (user goal)
 rejecting: snap-core-, 0.8.0, (global constraint requires
 trying: snap-core-0.7
 trying: text- (dependency of snap-core-0.7)
 trying: array- (dependency of text-
 next goal: deepseq (dependency of snap-core-0.7)
 rejecting: deepseq-, (conflict: snap-core
 => deepseq>=1.1 && <1.3)
 rejecting: deepseq-,,, (conflict:
 array==, deepseq => array>=0.1 && <0.4)
 rejecting: deepseq- (conflict: array==,
 deepseq => array>=0.2 && <0.4)
 rejecting: deepseq- (conflict: snap-core => deepseq>=1.1 && <1.3)
 This is still not trivial to read, but it explains why `deepseq` has to be
 resolved, and it explains why none of the available versions can be used.

 I'm closing this one.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/904#comment:4>