[Hackage] #888: runTests deprecated message should be more helpful

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Tue Sep 27 19:00:06 CEST 2011

#888: runTests deprecated message should be more helpful
  Reporter:  dsfox          |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                 |
 It would be great if this message explained what the new testing interface
 was, where to find it, and optimally how to quickly create something more
 or less equivalent to the runTests function so we can get on with our
 lives.  :)

 Warning: In the use of `runTests'
              (imported from Distribution.Simple, but defined in
              Deprecated: "Please use the new testing interface instead!"

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/888>