Package logo's

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:27:56 CEST 2011

On 25 October 2011 10:48, Tillmann Rendel
<rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> I see many good reasons for both naming conventions and explicit
> configuration. I just wonder whether it is a good idea to switch from one to
> the other in the middle of Cabal's success story.

I see your point.

I just remembered I proposed this myself in the ticket about this:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/619

So I'm fine with adding it to the cabal file. I may even do this
myself but I'm a bit swamped at the moment.

Any ideas about my second point in the ticket:

"Should there be a restriction on the logo width and height? Maybe we
need support for multiple sized logo's: a big one to put on the
hackage page and a small one to display in package lists. (Maybe we
even need support for favicons)"

Currently the only restriction on the logo is that it should be either
a .svg or .png (or both but svg is preferred). There aren't any
restrictions on dimensions. However the logo is shown with a height of
200px.

Bas