patch applied (cabal): "Describe benchmark sections in the user guide"

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Oct 25 04:09:34 CEST 2011

(I wish this project was in git so I could just reply to the patch inline ;-)

Regarding this comment in the docs:

+For brevity, the example package
+does not include a library or any normal executables, but a real package would
+be required to have at least one library or executable.

is there a technical reason for requiring that the package contain
some other library or executable? It seems like it would be useful to
allow benchmark-only packages that eg. provide a benchmark of some
task that ties together two other library packages (st. the benchmark
wouldn't naturally fit into either of those packages), or shootout
submissions etc.

Conrad.