Overhaul Cabal's testsuite

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:16:39 CEST 2011

On 31 March 2011 20:22, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've seen a few people requesting 'cabal ghci' lately, and I just want to
>> point out that cabal-dev already has a ghci command.  I use it quite often
>> and it's been working well for me.
>
> Right. We've been talking about merging the cabal-dev functionality
> into cabal. Just the cabal ghci part should be doable in a week
> (there's a ticket for it).

There's not only a ticket, there's a patch! I implemented this donkeys
years ago but in the "wrong part" of Cabal (Cabal library instead of
cabal-install, or vice-versa) so it never got applied :(

The patch took me a few hours last time (with no prior Cabal
knowledge) so it should certainly be doable in a week.

Max