[Hackage] #826: "dependency conflict"

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Tue Mar 29 10:07:44 CEST 2011

#826: "dependency conflict"
  Reporter:  nue_057             |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:  6.12.3
  Platform:  Windows             |
 when depnedency conflict happens, I usually use ghc-pkg unregister to
 solove the problem, but there is another problem. when I use ghc-pkg
 check, it always return a lot of problems, for example:
   there is a conflict with bytestring- and bytestring-, I
 unregister the version of

   ghc-pkg check, the message is: there are problems in package
 Win32- dependency "bytestring-"
   the following packages are broken, either beacause they have a problem
 listed above, or beacause the depend on a broken package.
   Win32-, haskell98- QuickCheck-
   does anyone can help me to fix these broken package?
      thanks in advance !!

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/826>