[Hackage] #818: cabal sdist warns about optimization levels

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Tue Mar 22 21:08:09 CET 2011

#818: cabal sdist warns about optimization levels
  Reporter:  guest               |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                      |
 For some reason 'cabal sdist' dislikes fast code so much that it tells me
 not to use -O2.  What does it know about my needs and my project?

 See below for an example:

 $ cabal sdist
 Distribution quality warnings:
 'ghc-options: -O2' is rarely needed. Check that it is giving a real
 and not just imposing longer compile times on your users.

 Is there a way to disable this warning in my .cabal file?  If not, can the
 warning please be removed?  It doesn't seems appropriate for sdist to tell
 me which compiler flags I should use to optimize my code.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/818>