[Hackage] #807: inplace is shadowed by package

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Sat Mar 5 07:17:04 CET 2011

#807: inplace is shadowed by package
  Reporter:  guest          |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:  test
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                 |
 I have a library, persistent, that builds. When I try to build the test
 suite, I get:

 Preprocessing library persistent-
 Preprocessing test suites for persistent-
 Building persistent-
 Registering persistent-
 <command line>: cannot satisfy -package-id persistent-
     persistent- is shadowed by package
     (use -v for more information)

 The test-suite build-depends has:
                    persistent >=,

 persistent-mongoDB (and postgresql and sqlite) depends on persistent to
 I have tried this twice now from a fairly clean install- immediately after
 upgrading to a new version of ghc.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/807>