[Hackage] #179: support GHC's main-is extension

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Wed Jun 8 06:11:32 CEST 2011

#179: support GHC's main-is extension
  Reporter:  duncan         |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement    |       Status:  closed
Ghcversion:  6.4.2          |     Platform:  Linux

Comment(by Evi1M4chine):

 Replying to [comment:18 benmachine]:

 I thought it was obvious, that I talked about ''introducing'' a new file
 property, that by definition gets ignored, unless the used compiler
 supports the functionality.
 So without breaking compatibility to anything. Old projects can leave it
 away. New projects can expect it not to do anything if the wrong compiler
 is used, and demand that compiler, or remove it and change the code

 I bet, that this exact thing is already done for something else inside

 I don’t see a problem, other than stubbornness. ;)

 But it's OK. You can do with your project whatever you like. Just don't be
 surprised, if a fork suddenly gets all the attention. ;)

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/179#comment:19>