[Hackage] #805: Configure fails when AvailablePackage source is RepoTarballPackage

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Wed Feb 23 20:37:07 CET 2011

#805: Configure fails when AvailablePackage source is RepoTarballPackage
  Reporter:  dmp                 |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                      |
 I'm having cabal configure will fail with

 cabal: internal error: configure install plan should have exactly one
 ready package.

 Checking the source code shows that this error occurs in
 {{{Configure.hs}}} when failing a pattern match in Configure.hs:88. The
 value that is coming back from {{{InstallPlan.ready}}} is in fact a list
 of one element, but it is failing on the {{{LocalUnpackedPackage}}} match.
 The value returned in my case has the value:

 packageSource = RepoTarballPackage (Repo {repoKind = Left (RemoteRepo
 {remoteRepoName = "hackage.haskell.org", remoteRepoURI =
 http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive}), repoLocalDir =

 This is happening for a cabal package which has a dependency on the binary
 package, but the binary package is not installed. It doesn't happen with
 all cabal packages, but just perhaps when binary is the only missing

 If I first run {{{cabal install binary}}} then the {{{cabal configure}}}
 will go through just fine. Unregistering the package  will again cause
 {{{cabal configure}}} to fail.

 $ cabal --version
 cabal-install version 0.9.6
 using version of the Cabal library
 $ ~/ghc-7/bin/ghc --version
 The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/805>