Virtual packages

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:09:49 CET 2011

On 2 December 2011 12:21, Chris Dornan <chris at chrisdornan.com> wrote:
> Indeed it looks like a mechanism for making multiple packages easier to manage -- rather like RPM provides (from which the terminology is borrowed I think).
>
> It sounds like a really good idea and surely the best way of removing the pressure on providing customization through flags.

So what are we looking for exactly? The use case I was thinking of
previously was something like gtk2hs which is made up of a bunch of
packages and during development you typically want to build all of
them together.

Do we need multiple .cabal files in one dir sharing the same Setup.hs?
Or just a local environment which links to each package so you can
build them by name easily?