Darcs repo format

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:04:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Daniel Fischer
<daniel.is.fischer at web.de> wrote:
> On Monday 27 September 2010 17:31:41, Gwern Branwen wrote:
>> Not as of a few weeks ago; the ?.h.o server(s) only have darcs 2.3 or
>> something, without the optimize --upgrade option.
>
> Ah, that's a convincing reason not to have done it.

You should be able to perform the equivalent operation with darcs 2.3,
but it won't be in-place:

darcs get <repo name> --hashed --complete <temporary repo name>
(copy over any prefs? I haven't tried this part)
rm -rf <repo>
mv <temporary repo name> <repo name>

It's that second step that might prove a bummer. CC'ing the darcs
mailing list in case I'm totally wrong.

Antoine