patch applied (cabal-branches/cabal-1.10): Change the syntax and behaviour of the cabal-version field

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 18 17:54:07 EDT 2010

Tue Oct 12 18:49:33 PDT 2010  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Change the syntax and behaviour of the cabal-version field
  For historical reasons the cabal-version is specified with a version range,
  to indicate the range of versions of tools that the package will work with.
  We now think it makes more sense to specify the version of the Cabal spec
  that the package follows. Old Cabal versions will not be able to parse simple
  versions in this field. So we initially make the parser allow plain versions
  but then we add a check to warn about using it prior to Cabal-1.12 at which
  point it will be allowed.
  Added a check about using version ranges that are not of the form '>= x.y'.
  Also change behaviour to ignore upper bounds in the given version range.

    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription.hs -3 +36
    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Check.hs -19 +57
    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Parse.hs -15 +42
    M ./Distribution/Simple/Configure.hs -10 +4

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=cabal-branches/cabal-1.10;a=darcs_commitdiff;h=20101013014933-adfee-d890c255598e565055ec703738103f978dc72a5f.gz