Next steps for "cabal test" feature

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:38:28 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 09:51 +0100, Max Bolingbroke wrote:
> Sorry I haven't had a chance to review the test API yet, but I have a
> good excuse - I was getting ready for my marriage yesterday :-)

Perhaps the best excuse I've ever heard :-). Congratulations!

> I'll see if I can do a review of the "detailed" interface this week.

This week?! Don't you have better things to do?

But yes, a review at some point would be appreciated. The goal is to
have something close to what test-framework has always had (ie tree of
tests, QC, HUnit, other tests to be lifted in) but using as few language
extensions as we can get away with. I also rather like Thomas'
pure/impure distinction. It's also important of course to handle things
like RNG seeds so that we can reproduce test runs.