hackage-server: index format

Lars Viklund zao at acc.umu.se
Sat Nov 20 09:37:37 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:06:26AM +0100, Tillmann Rendel wrote:
> (I was not aware that NFTS supports symlinks, though. How would I access
> this feature on a Windows machine?)

mklink, which exposes a functionality that encompasses both symlinks,
hardlinks, junctions (which are kind of a rebind mount), and symlinks
of directories.

As mentioned before, this is for the NTFS version in Vista and up. They
do not translate horribly well across networks, and have some
restrictions on what permissions you need to have to make them, but in
general, they're quite useful.

Lars Viklund | zao at acc.umu.se